Sunday, November 23, 2014

#52WPNMC - Domestic Animals - Water decals


Hello everyone!




I've been looking forward to this theme because I had planned to make pet nails; horse-, dog-, cat-, or rabbit nails. These are all "domestic animals", which was the theme in the 52 week challenge before we made "wild animals". This turned out a little more childish than planned... so I made it even more girly... and added hearts... and glitter... and ended up with too much glitter...

The animals and hearts are all water decals that I've bought from Born Pretty Store. The green nail polish is H&M Amazon. You can see it swatched below, and how this manicure evolved:


H&M Amazon is a bright medium green. This is 2 easy coats.

Then I made a gradient with H&M Mint Madness, a pastel green, and applied top coat before using the water decals. I used different top coats to avoid problems.


I didn't like the gradient, so I covered it with Orly Sparkling Garbage. I made a test on the thumb, and found out that I shouldn't cover the water decals. I think I used H&M Pink bling bling over the entire nail.



So I used a dotting tool and Sparkling Garbage on the other fingers.



And then I covered everything with INM Northern Lights instead of the bigger Orly glitter:

Ott- Lite

fluorescent light

LED lamp

When should I have stopped? 


I didn't want to lie and say; "I'm 9!" or that "I work with animals/ children" or explain about the 52 Day Challenge..., in case someone saw it, so I didn't wear this for very long.


Lani

6 comments:

  1. I like the cute scenario you created - and the micro glitters are perfect as a topper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, and that you think so about the microglitter! :-) That makes me feel more confident.

      Delete
  2. amazing ! ooo, you made my day ! i love your manicure, because i love dogs and all animals :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Nice to hear that! :-) I'm very conserned about animal welfare, and want them all to have happy lives.

      Delete
  3. I think it turned out to be a very lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear that! :-) I was afraid people would find it too childish.

      Delete