Wednesday, April 2, 2014

GOT Polish Challenge: YELLOW/ PEACH


Hello everyone!




Helena Rubinstein: 'Lemon Heat' was one of the old bottles of polish that I looked forward to use when I first heard about the GOT Challenge. I don't remember when I bought it, but I think it can be considered vintage. Do you know how old it is? Maybe 15 years? Still no need for thinner.


You can find Lemon Heat swatched here, and my tiny vintage collection here.


For the stamping I used Konad: SN Yellow, and flowers from two Moyou London stamping plates: 08 (small) and 10 (XL), both from the Pro Collection. (I couldn't find 08 now that I wanted to link to it.)


The first photos below are of a shiny Lemon Heat with stamping, the next are with top coat (Seche Vite), and the rest are mattified (with GOSH #600 'Matt Effect Top Coat').




With top coat:



With matte top coat:






Products used:



And below you can see more yellow or peach nail art and which old bottles of polish they chose to use.

Lani

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I haven't managed to get subtle stamping to work for me yet but this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the first time I tried this, so I was afraid that it wouldn't show because the colors were very similar. Maybe it worked because the base polish is a shiny frost and very different from the thick creme stamping polish.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes me want to try tone- on tone stamping with other colors too.

      Delete