Thursday, March 20, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Nails: Mutagen stamped with MM04


Hello everyone!



To make these St. Patrick's Day Nails, I started with a green multichrome called Mutagen from I Love Nail Polish. I used 3 coats and top coat. Then I used Konad: SN Black to stamp the pattern from an image on Messy Mansion's stamping plate MM04. Because I have small nails, I could use different parts of the image like this. The first photo above is taken before top coating the stamping.

Photos:

First a few photos of Mutagen on it's own, then more pictures of the finished manicure, and the plate. All the photos below are with top coat. Lighting: shade, sun, Ott- Lite, LED lamp. No under water photos this time.















Used:

I Love Nail Polish (ILNP): Mutagen
Messy Mansion: MM04
Konad: SN Black


MM04:

I bought MM04 because of this image only, and I can't understand how someone can draw such an awesome design. Now that I have the plate, I also like many of the other images. I love the hands holding a heart, and the clover images. The plate has a lot of images that are perfect for those who celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but they can of course be used any time of the year. I didn't hold the stamping plate straight on the photo above, so the images in the front appear larger than they really are. The plate is very well etched, as usual with the Messy Mansion plates. Sadly there are some tiny holes in my dear perfect soft stamper, so if you see some green dots where it was supposed to be black, that's why. If my next stamper is of the same quality, I will be more careful with it.


Mutagen:

This multichrome is a very vibrant green that changes color depending of the angle of your nails. It was difficult to photograph this polish. It looks even "greener" in real life. LOL. ILNP describes it as a mirror- like chrome. Mutagen is from ILNP's growing “Ultra Chrome” collection. I have the old version of Mutagen. Now they also have a holographic version called "Mutagen (H)". Mutagen is similar to, but not a dupe of Enchanted Polish: Hey Jude. Mutagen is less colorchanging than I had expected, but because of the vibrant green color and the mirror- like chrome effect, I love it.


What's your favourite multichrome nail polish?


Lani

16 comments:

  1. Love this combo!
    I'm deeply in love with Mutagen, it's an amazing green multichrome <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) Me too. It's unique. I'm very glad to have it in my collection.

      Delete
  2. Mutagen is gorgeous! I adore the stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, every green lover should have one. The only sad thing about it is the shipping price. So I guess many "international buyers" will need a little help from friends who are in the US. Nice to hear that you like the stamping too! :-)

      Delete
  3. That's absolutely adorable - I love it Lani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I look foreward to making a purple version.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful manicure, and the stamping is very well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The stamping was very easy - probably because of the good plate & stamper & stamping polish. The only problem was that the stamper didn't pick up the entire image once or twice, but I didn't have to redo any nails, and luckily I didn't smear everything with the top coat either. :-)

      Delete
  6. Wow! I LOVE this! I seriously need some MM plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Messy Mansion and Konad stamping plates have the best quality I've tried so far, so I hope you'll like them too. :-) My favourites are: MM02, 04, 07, and 31. Remember that the MM plate diameter is 7 cm, when you try to figure out which images will work best for your nail size. The image I used here is 1,8 x 2,3 cm.

      Delete
  7. awesome stamping, now i want that plate too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) Yes, you need it! I'm waiting for some new MM plates (42 butterflies, 44 lace) that will be for sale in a week or two, although I haven't tried all the ones I have...

      Delete