Thursday, August 8, 2013

Yellow and gold saran wrap louboutin nails



Hello everyone!



I started with pastel yellow, and used a small brush to paint the underside of my nails with a gold nail polish. Then I used the saran wrap technique to add a little gold nail polish over the yellow base, and added a coat of Seche Vite. This was supposed to be the base for my "Baby Prince Nails", so that's why I made louboutin nails. But I tested the baby blue stamping on the other hand, and it didn't turn out so well... I liked it like this, though.



Yes, I turned the photo. Yes I noticed the water in the bottle, but I like the picture better like this :-)






Saran wrap method:

I've had the saran wrap method on my "to do list" ever since I first saw a Saran nails tutorial on the blog Nailed It. (I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings by linking to her. I saw in the comments on that page that a similar tutorial had been made prior to that, but the link didn't work, so I don't know who to credit.) After that, I have seen saran wrap used in different ways; either by adding color, or by removing the second color, using wrinkly plastic wrap (also called saran wrap) as a tool.

This is how I did it:

I started with dry yellow nails, put some gold nail polish on my palette, dipped the saran wrap in the gold, dabbed on the palette until the saran wrap had the desired amount of gold polish, and dabbed on the nail.


Saran/ plastic wrap:




Nail polish used:

H&M: Want a lemon - yellow
H&M: Run Baby Run - gold



This was a very quick way of dressing up a manicure, and it makes me sad that I waited so long before I tried it. The reason why I did it now, was a A.I.S. challenge: "stamping over a saran wrap method base". I'll show you in the next post.

Lani

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive feedback! It means a lot :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    looks great!
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This manicure is so amazing and cheerfull! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! :-) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I love this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful combination of yellow and gold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking it! I feel that I got lucky with the color combination :-)

      Delete