Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pieces: Winter Purple


Hello everyone!

(This blog seems to look best in Google Chrome!)
Pieces: Winter Purple


This is a dark purple cream nail polish called Winter Purple, from Pieces. I like the color very much, but my camera doesn't. These three first photos are as color accurate as I can get them, but the two first should have looked a little more red, and the third should have been a little darker. But because of it's name, I wanted to take some winter photos outside too, although the camera makes the polish look too blue in daylight.


Pieces: Winter Purple
Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple


I don't remember how many coats I used. So I did a test today, and only needed two coats to reach opacity on that nail. So I have probably used 2-3 coats. I just remember that I was relieved that it is a lot better than the formula of the Pieces cream polish I bought last year :-) This bottle was bought in December.

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple

Pieces: Winter Purple



Bestseller, who owns Pieces, has made a new statement on this webpage, that they don't accept any animal testing. Although I haven't found their name on the animal organisations' lists, I hope we can trust Bestseller's statement:


Animal testing
In Bestseller we do not agree with testing cosmetics on animals. Our suppliers must not be involved in any animal testing of cosmetic products and ingredients, or purchase ingredients or products from suppliers which have been involved in such practices.


Pieces: Winter Purple


I like this color very much, but also wanted to try a flakie over it. I'll show you in a few days.


Lani

2 comments:

  1. Really nice pictures!
    Your nails and snowy leaves are great together <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's nice to know. Luckily there are things to photograph in winter too :-)

      Delete