Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nails and Stuff's Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers


Hello everyone!



This is what I made for the Summer Nail Art Contest, hosted by Shannara from Nails and Stuff. The deadline was August 21th, and the time for voting ends by midnight CET tomorrow (Friday 24th).

Thank you for hosting this contest Shannara!

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers






To see all the entries, and vote for the one you like best, click here. There are some very beautiful entries.



In this contest the theme is summer, and artistically we were completely free! :-) So we could use everything we wanted, stamping, stickers, water decals, and so on. I decided to try to paint flowers, because that is what reminds me most of summer. To read more about the contest and the awesome prize, click on the Summer Nail Art Contest- picture above.

Below you can see my entry- photo, more photos, what I used to make this manicure, and some "making of"- photos.

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers








I tried to copy the flowers on this cup.

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers









Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers




Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers
Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers

Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers



What I used:

Nail polish:
Pieces: Aqua Blue Metallic
Cult Nails: Get It On (base coat)
Cult Nails: Wicked Fast (fast drying top coat)

Acrylic paint: (Maries)
White: 104 Titanium White
Warm red: 302 Scarlet
Cold red: 315 Crimson Red
Cold yellow: 215 Lemon Yellow
Gold: 132 Gold

Brushes: a flat and a tiny round

Materials used for the Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers
"The making of"- photos:

Background color: Pieces "Aqua Blue Metallic" with top coat:

Pieces: Aqua Blue Metallic+ Cult Nails: Wicked Fast
Originally I wanted to paint palm trees and coco nuts on a beach, but after I had to cut my nails, I kind of gave up for a while. So when I finally wanted to try to participate again, I didn't have much time left, and I had many other things to do. I chose this background color because it could work as both sea and sky. Then I changed my mind, and went for flowers instead.
Pieces: Aqua Blue Metallic+ Cult Nails: Wicked Fast






I started with the yellow center of the flower, and then painted the flower with white paint:
The making of Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers
My kitchen table. I used the little knife to mix the colors on my palette.
The making of Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers

The finished flowers with top coat:
Making of Summer Nail Art Contest: Flowers


If you haven't done it already, head over to Nails and Stuff, and take a look at Shannara's beautiful and classy nail art.

Lani

2 comments:

  1. I love that pieces polish. Never heard of them before but it's gorgeous. Already voted for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for the vote! Yes, isn't it nice that so many clothing and jewelry stores have started to sell nail polish lately? The color is very nice, but you have to be ok with some brushstrokes.

      Delete