Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TL Design: #96 Bombay + layering



Hello everyone!

TL Design #96 Bombay


Today I want to show you  TL Design #96 Bombay. First nailphotos of it on its own, and later with Accessorize Aztec on one accent nail, and then with OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air layered over Bombay. And finally some other layering options on my nail wheels.

TL Design Bombay:







TL Design #96 Bombay is a beautiful classic green nail lacquer. On these pictures I have used 2-3 coats, base- and top coat. TL stands for Tone Lise Akademiet, and TL Design is their line of nail products. All their own products are cruelty- free. The TL Design nail lacquer collections are very colorful. I could not find any information about Bombay on their web page, so I do not even know which collection it is from, but I bought it last year (summer 2011). Their main web page is in Norwegian (at time of writing), so if you have problems with translation, choose that language.

With Accessorize Aztec on the ring finger:





Aztec is the strangest nail polish I own. I thought I bought a purple- copper duo chrome or foil. But when I put the first coat on my purple nail wheel, it looked green with copper particles in it. So I wanted to layer it over Bombay. But on its own, it builds up to a dark purple- brown- gold- green. I will make a post about it (soon, i hope). I took photos of it last week. Do you have this polish?

With OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air layered over Bombay:

Bombay+ Fresh Frog of Bel Air

This was my Christmas mani, and my mother said it was the most beautiful nail polish she had ever seen, and was surprised that it was a combination of two polishes. "Fresh Frog of Bel Air" is probably well known by now. As you see, it  is a polish with big silver hexagonal and small green round glitter in a clear base.

Aztec, Bombay, Fresh Frog of Bel Air










I have also tried other polishes over Bombay, but in my opinion these two are the best. I did not manage to make the base of Deborah Lippmann "Across the Universe" look even. On my nail wheel, Deborah Lippmann "Happy Birthday" and "Boom Boom Pow" and Nubar "2010" look nice, though.

Bombay+ DL Happy Birthday:


Happy Birthday layering

With Happy Birthday

Bombay+ Nubar 2010:


Nubar 2010 wheel

Bombay+ Nfu- Oh #56:


With Nfu- Oh #56

Bombay+ DL Across the Universe:

17: Wicked Game+ Happy Birthday, 18: Bombay+ Across the Universe, 1: Across the Universe (2-3 coats)

17: Wicked Game+ Happy Birthday, 18: Bombay+ Across the Universe, 1: Across the Universe (2-3 coats)

Bombay+ DL Boom Boom Pow:


10: OPI Glow up Already+BBP, 11: Bombay+ BBP, 12: H&M Yellow+ BBP








What would you layer over this kind of green? What is your experience with TL Design? Do you have a favorite green nail polish?


Lani