Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Accessorize Electric Purple+ a comparison (with Gina Tricot #48 "Diva" and GOSH #001 "Lavender Love")+ Accessorize Crystal Shimmer


Hello everyone!


I had planned to show you "Electric Purple, shade 26" with "Crystal Shimmer, shade 33", both from Accessorize. But when I came home after I had bought Electric Purple (to see the whole haul, click here), I saw that it was very similar to Gina Tricot #48 "Diva". At first I was sad, and felt like I had thrown away my money. But it was not expensive... Neither of them... And then I decided to make a comparison post instead, and added the a little more pastel GOSH #001 "Lavender Love". But still, I wanted to see what the iridescent glitter would look like over this kind of blue- purple.

So I will first show you Electric Purple on its own, then compare it with the two other blue- purple I have, and after that You can see Crystal Shimmer on top of the comparison hand.



Accessorize "Electric Purple", shade 26:

Accessorize Electric Purple, shade 26

This is a cream that to my surprise dries mat. It is opaque in two coats. I used no top coat because I wanted to show how it is on its own. (Now, I wish I had one photo with top coat too...) The color is a bit more purple than my photos. I have named it blue- purple. Compared to my other blue nail polishes it looks a little purple, but I put it on my purple nail wheel, and felt that that was completely wrong.

Accessorize Electric Purple, shade 26

Accessorize Electric Purple, shade 26

The color of all these nail polishes should have looked as purple as the purple part of the flower in the lower right corner on the photo below. I find it strange that the camera won't show purple.

Accessorize Electric Purple, shade 26





Comparison: A. Electric Purple- G. Diva- GOSH #001 Lavender Love


Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"




Here you see Lavender Love on the pinkie, Diva on the middle finger, and Electric Purple on the rest, no top coat.

Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"



You might have seen Diva in my skittles post (to see it click here). It is not very glossy, but compared to Electric Purple it is. It also has some shimmer. And the color is a bit deeper and darker. I wonder if it also is the blue one in the set of three (that I saw at ginatricot.com), together with a red, and a orange.


Holding Gina Tricot: #48 Diva

GOSH 001 Lavender Love is, as you see, more pastel. But it behaves as all my GOSH creams except for "Miss Grey". This is two quite thick, easy, glossy, coats. If it looks like I have made brushstrokes, the surface kind of evens out by itself. I bought this bottle on sale in 2011. Sadly, it was limited edition.

Holding GOSH #001 Lavender Love
As you see, these three are not dupes. And I was relieved by that, but I would not buy the one from Accessorize if I had the other two. As my friend always says; "No nail polish looks the same when it's applied on a nail"

Holding GOSH #001 Lavender Love


With Accessorize "Crystal Shimmer", shade 33, layered on top:


Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"+ Accessorize "Crystal Shimmer", shade #33


Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"+ Accessorize "Crystal Shimmer", shade #33

This is one coat on top of the comparison hand. In my haul post, I described Crystal Shimmer as a chunky holographic glitter in a clear base. But now I have seen the term iridescent about similar glitter. In the bottle it looks like white glitter, but the glitter sparkles in different colors when you move the bottle and the light hits the glitter. I see yellow, blue, green, and orange. When I put it over black though, the color on each particular glitter stays the same, and it looks like a regular multicolored glitter. It smells very strong before it dries.

It was difficult to read the gold text on white background. Even enlarged to this size. To read what is written on the bottle, I actually took a photo of it, so that I could see it on full screen on my computer.

Accessorize: Crystal Shimmer, shade 33
The blurry photos show the iridescent glitter better.

Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"+ Accessorize "Crystal Shimmer", shade #33



Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"+ Accessorize "Crystal Shimmer", shade #33


Gina Tricot/ Bella #48 "Diva", Accessorize "Electric Purple" shade #26, GOSH #001 "Lavender Love"+ Accessorize "Crystal Shimmer", shade #33

I have been told that all these brands are Cruelty- free, but can still only find GOSH on the animal organizations lists, so I wonder if it is true. So if you who own Gina Tricot/ Bella nail polish and Accessorize read this, please give your local animal organisation all the information they need to put your company on their Cruelty- free list, and they will spread the news to us all. If you are Cruelty- free, why keep it a secret??? 

I would therefor wait till Accessorize and Gina Tricot are on the animal organisations Cruelty- free list before buying from those companies.


Lani